The Arlo app is surveillance or home management app that allows the monitoring of houses, offices, or sites owned by the user. The app has been devised for smartphones and does not have an official PC version. To get the app on a PC, emulators are used.
Dive into the article to successfully download the Arlo app on Windows PC and get a perfect explanation of all the app features for the best app experience.
How to Download the Arlo app for PC?
The Arlo app is a great way to keep an eye on your home or business while you’re away. With the app, you can view live camera footage, receive alerts when motion is detected, and even control your Arlo cameras from your PC. Here’s how to get started:
Minimum PC Requirements
- a Dual-core CPU, 2 GB of RAM, and a 20 GB hard drive.
- Maintaining a GPU driver update and a two-core CPU is also advised.
If the device satisfies these requirements, you can quickly download the Arlo app using any of the two emulators listed below. The process of downloading the emulators is also mentioned.
Method 1: Download and Install the Arlo app for pc using BlueStacks
- Open your web browser and navigate to the BlueStacks website.
- Click on the “Download” button located in the middle of the page.
- Click on the “Windows” link, and then click on the “Install Now” button.
- After the download completes, click on the “Run” button to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, click on the “Start” button to launch BlueStacks.
- In BlueStacks, click on the “Search” icon, and type in “Arlo.”
- Click on the “Arlo” result, and then click on the “Install” button to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
Method 2: Download and Install the Arlo app for pc using NoxPlayer
Nox Player is an Android emulator that allows you to download and install Android apps on your computer. You can use Nox Player to download and install the Arlo app for pc. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Nox Player website and download the software.
- Install Nox Player on your computer.
- Launch Nox Player and sign in with your Google account.
- Download the Arlo app from the Google Play Store.
- Install the Arlo app on Nox Player.
6.Launch the Arlo app and sign in with your Arlo account.
Features of the Arlo App
If you have already downloaded the app or are planning to do so, it’s necessary to be aware of all the features it offers. This allows you to have the best app experiences and easier handling of connected devices.
- Person Detection feature: This feature of the Arlo app sends a notification to your phone and PC every time a person is spotted on the camera. It can also identify parcels and send a notification for the same.
The rich notification is an option under the detection feature that allows a quick response when an alert notification is displayed on your screen.
- Animal and Vehicle detection: The vehicle parked near the property is also kept in view and is notified. The animal detection feature keeps your loved pets in view and sends a notification in case of any intrusion.
- Video monitoring feature: The video monitoring feature has high-quality audio and video detection. You can record and replay both the audio and video of the recording. The cameras are weatherproof and wireless, always allowing recording without any disturbances.
- Sharing options: Livestreaming is the trend of the time, and the app provides high-quality video and audio facilities. You can even arm and disarm the system anytime remotely. The PC version of the app lets you control the video recording of multiple cameras at a specific period of time.
- Smart app features: The app provides an inbuilt smart doorbell. The audio detection features are highly advanced that assist in person, animal, and vehicle detection and alerting the users.
- The app interface: The app has a simple interface that is easy to configure, and an individual who is not tech-savvy can easily navigate it. Adding the camera and configuring it follows the same norm of being highly easy. All the recorded videos are saved in the device storage.
Procedure to Connect the Arlo Base Station
The official page of the Arlo application provides detailed steps to connect the Arlo base station. The article has covered the steps to connect the base station to the internet and a new Wi-Fi.
Connecting it to the Internet
- The first step is connecting the SmartHub or base station to the available router using an Ethernet cable. The connection of the base station to the router must be done before it is powered on. If you do not follow this instruction, there may be a lag in the connection to the network.
- Next, connect the power adapter to the base and plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Press the on-off button to turn the base station on.
- Wait until the power and internet LED on the front of the base station turn green. The process of turning green takes up to two minutes.
- If a single-LED base station is used, the LED will turn blue.
- When any of the two scenarios are completed, your base station is connected to the internet.
Connecting the Arlo Base Station to a new Wi-Fi
The Arlo camera needs to be connected to both the modem and the connected computer for connecting to Wi-fi. A Wi-Fi router with 4GHz Wi-Fi is needed. Reinstall the Arlo base station connected to connect to a direct-to-Wi-Fi connection.
A Wi-Fi extender with an Ethernet port is needed to be connected to an Arlo or Arlo Pro base station.
How to Connect the Charger to Arlo Pro?
It is important to note that the battery in Arlo Pro, Essential Spotlight Camera, and the Essential XL Spotlight Camera cannot be removed. The USB charging cable can only be used indoors, requiring you to remove the camera and bring it indoors to charge.
When the Arlo Pro LED lights turn solid blue, it indicates that the camera battery is completely charged.
- The charging cable should be connected to a 5V, 2A power adapter. Power adapters less than 2A will take a very long time to charge.
- By removing the camera, it’s meant to unscrew the camera from the mount and not remove the mount from the wall.
- After bringing the camera indoors, pull the bottom flap to reveal the USB charging port,
- Then plug the USB charging cable into the camera.
For outdoor charging, the USB charging cable cannot be used. To use the outdoor camera while it charges, VMA3700 Essential Outdoor Charging Cable or VMA3600 Essential Solar Panel.
- The VMA3700 Essential Outdoor Charging Cable is weather resistant and has the feature of continuously charging while connected to an outlet. Simply connect the charging port to the camera and begin charging.
- The VMA3600 Essential Solar Panel keeps the battery charged with direct sunlight. The 8-foot cable is the weather-resistant and has an adjustable mount, making installation easy anywhere.
Alternatives to the Arlo App
We’ve got you covered if the Arlo app won’t run on your PC or if you just want to test out some other options that offer nearly identical features to the program.
The three most well-known and inventive Arlo alternatives are shown below, with a description of each one’s attributes.
The surveillance app also allows the monitoring of important properties of the user. The software used for the camera allows viewing of live footage being recorded, assisted by the option of video playback. The application supports two-way audio communication and PTZ controls.
NightOwl Connect App:
The app lets you access the real-time scenario of the places where the cameras are installed from anywhere. The app lets you share the video playback recording through text, mail, or social networks.
High-quality audio and video in live footage and the ability to configure notifications are some of the other features provided by the app. Multiple users and logins are allowed to access the application.
Lorex Cloud app:
This alternative of Arlo also offers a monitoring and surveillance facility. This app is developed by Lorex securities and lets you watch live videos across multiple cameras from anywhere. Other app features include watching video playback, taking snapshots, configuring push notifications, and recording live videos.
As the name suggests, it is a cloud-based app with the data stored in the cloud, making the security system accessible anywhere and anytime worldwide.
The Arlo app is highly secure, with all the connected devices at your fingertips. The article has covered all the important features of the app, detailed steps to download the app using BlueStacks and NoxPlayer emulators, and the device requirements to download the app.
Steps to connecting the charger indoors and outdoors and connecting the base station to the internet have also been properly covered.
Finally, we have provided the reader with alternatives in case of different choices or inability to download. I Hope the article was useful in the easy installation of the Arlo app.