DIRECTV is an American multichannel video programming distributor launched on June 17, 1994. It provides digital satellite service in the USA. With DIRECTV, you can watch TV anytime and anywhere.
DIRECTV allows you to stream all your selected TV shows and movies on outstanding TV channels such as FOX, NBC, AMC, ABC, HBO, etc. With this app, you can enjoy hundreds of live TV channels. So, if you’re looking for a way to watch TV on your computer, downloading the DIRECTV app for PC is a great option.
Is DIRECTV available for Windows OS?
DIRECTV can run smoothly on PCs with the help of Android emulators. The supported Operating Systems for DIRECTV that provides the best results are-
- Windows® 7
- Windows 10
- Mac OS® X
Internet Browsers with which DIRECTV works best are the most recent versions of-
- Mozilla® Firefox®
- Google Chrome™
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari® for Mac
System Requirements to Install DIRECTV PC App
Any web browser like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 10 or later, or Adobe Flash Player should be enabled to run DIRECTV. To watch DIRECTV online, your PC must meet the following requirements-
- Chrome (version 59.0.3071 or higher)
- Microsoft Edge (version 79.0.309 or higher)
Method 1: Download DIRECTV for PC using BlueStacks
To install the DIRECTV app on PC Windows 7/8/10 using BlueStacks-
Step 1: Download and install the BlueStacks app on your PC.
Step 2: Sign in with your Google ID.
Step 3: Click on the search option in the top right corner and search for DIRECTV.
Step 4: Install the DIRECTV app.
Step 5: Open the app and enjoy watching your favorite show.
Method 2: Download DIRECTV for PC using NoxPlayer
To install the DIRECTV app on PC Windows 7/8/10 using NoxPlayer-
Step 1: Download and install the NoxPlayer app on your PC.
Step 2: Log in to your Google account and run the NoxPlayer app on your PC.
Step 3: Click on the search option and search for the DIRECTV app.
Step 4: Install the DIRECTV app on your NoxPlayer emulator.
Step 5: After completing the installation, you can run the DIRECTV app on your PC.
Features of DIRECTV for PC
The benefits of using DIRECTV to watch your favorite programs are-
- Watch any movies and TV shows you want to see without any disruption, live or on demand.
- Watch live streaming anytime, anywhere.
- Easy to use.
- Adjust video quality according to the quality of your internet connection.
- Record movies and TV shows.
- Connect your TV and your device to send TV shows and movies.
- Stream or download your DVR (Digital Video Recorder) recordings to your device.
- Search for the programs you’d like to watch by going through the category lists or the A-Z list.
- Get the highest resolution video quality with 4K HD.
How to Watch DIRECTV on My PC ?
To create an online account for DIRECTV-
Step 1: Go to ‘DIRECTV.com’ and click on Create Account.
Step 2: Use the DIRECTV account number or your phone number and the last four digits of your credit card to verify your account. Enter your last name and click on Continue.
Step 3: Choose a password and a security question. Take note of your question and answer if you forget your password. Finally, click on Create Account.
If this is your first attempt to stream, you may be asked to install the DIRECTV player. Follow the instructions, download the app, and refresh your browser to start watching.
If you already have an account on DIRECTV-
Step 1: Sign in to ‘DIRECTV entertainment’ with your ID and password.
Step 2: Select Watch Online.
Step 3: Click on the search button and enter the name of your favorite movie or TV show.
Step 4: Select the show you want to see.
Alternatives to DIRECTV
Sling TV is an American streaming television service available in the USA and Puerto Rico. Contents in Sling TV can be watched via Android and Apple iOS devices which include-
TV connected- Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV (4th generation and Apple TV 4k), LG Smart TV (on webOS 3.0 or higher), Xbox One, Xbox X/S.
Mobile- Android mobile devices, iOS mobile devices (10.x or higher), Chromecast.
Computer- Linux, macOS, Windows (Windows 7 or higher), and Windows 10 and 11 (available in the app store).
Pros of using Sling TV-
- Within an affordable price range.
- Availability of many sports channels.
- Flexible plan and pricing structure.
- Add-ons and discounted add-on bundles.
Cons of using Sling TV-
- Availability of fewer channels.
- Local channels are not available.
- Shorter DVR hours compared to other services.
- Only one simultaneous stream for Sling Orange.
Fubo TV Inc. is an American streaming television service serving customers in the USA, Canada, and Spain and focuses primarily on channels that distribute live sports. Contents on Fubo TV can be watched via-
TV connected- Apple TV (4th generation and newer), Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S.
Mobile– iOS mobile devices, Android mobile devices, Chromecast (both iOS and Android).
Computer– Windows, Mac, Linux with any compatible browser.
Pros of using Fubo TV-
- Many options of live sports and on-demand entertainment content.
- Reliable streaming.
- Availability of 4K contents.
- Good web interface.
- Longer DVR hours.
Cons of using Fubo TV-
- Pricier packages and plans.
- Costly add-ons.
- Most live streams are limited to a 720p display.
- No A&E, Bally Sports, or Turner channels.
Philo is an American internet television company that is currently based in San Francisco, California, and is best for streamers who don’t need access to live sports or local channels. Contents on Philo can be watched via-
TV connected– Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV (4th generation or higher), Android TV (5.0 or higher).
Mobile– iOS mobile devices, Android mobile devices, Chromecast (Android only), Amazon Fire Tablet (OS 5.0 or higher).
Computer– Mac, Windows.
Pros of using Philo TV-
- Suitable prices for live TV streaming.
- Unlimited Cloud DVR storage.
- Up to 3 simultaneous streams and 10 user profiles on a single subscription.
Cons of using Philo TV-
- No access to local channels.
- No availability of sports and news channels.
- Higher price for plans and packages.
FAQs about DIRECTV App
Can I get the DIRECTV app on my computer?
You can stream your favorite movies and TV shows on DIRECTV without any interference anytime and anywhere with only a computer and an internet connection. To watch TV online with DIRECTV, you require-
For PC, Windows 10 uses the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (version 59.0.3071 or higher)
- Microsoft Edge (version 79.0.309 or higher)
Why can’t I watch DIRECTV on my computer?
Keep these instructions in mind if you are having trouble streaming DIRECTV on your computer.
- Ensure you are connected, use the right browser, and have the correct internet speeds.
- Make sure you are using a browser that is supported by the app.
- If you are using a wired connection, ensure your Ethernet cable is properly connected between your computer and the Ethernet port on your modem.
- If you are using Wi-Fi®, confirm your connection to your home network.
- Ensure you have the suggested internet speeds, as weak internet signals can cause streaming issues.
DIRECTV is an easy to use application that allows you to watch TV shows and movies from an extensive collection of channels and is also easily available. Along with DIRECTV, platforms such as Sling TV, Fubo TV and Philo TV are also great alternatives with their numerous features.