Logic Pro X is an Apple-developed Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) sound. It is one of the top apps in the music category. The app is, however, only accessible on Apple devices and thus officially unavailable to Windows.
The article covers the method to access the Logic Pro X on windows if the device covers the basic requirements to download the app. Read on to find out!
Why would you want to use Logic Pro X on windows?
Logic Pro X app on windows will allow you to access the lucrative features that the app offers without having to invest in buying an Apple device which is costly.
Along the same line, in addition to being costly, the recent releases by Apple have not done justice to music producers leaving out a void that accommodating the Logic Pro X to a Windows PC, can fill.
With all the super-efficient features of Apple software and the hardware features of Windows like the USB ports, you can create wonderful music with the app. The article now turns to the method of downloading the app.
Method 1: Download Logic Pro X for Windows PC using BlueStacks
- First, download and install BlueStacks on your Windows PC.
- Once installed, launch BlueStacks and search for Logic Pro X in the Search Box.
- Now click on the install button to start downloading the app.
- Once the installation is completed, launch Logic Pro X from within BlueStacks and start using it on your Windows PC.
- Now that you know how to download Logic Pro X for Windows PC using BlueStacks, you can go ahead and start using this amazing app on your computer.
Method 2: How to Install Logic Pro X using the Hackintosh Method
Some individuals make custom PCs to download Logic Pro X using Hackintosh while others find compatible PCs and install macOS on them.
The steps to installing Logic Pro X are;
- First, find a Mac to download OS Installer from the Mac app store. You choose software like Unibeast, which is a highly known installer creation tool.
- Select a USB Drive, at least 8GB, to put on the installer. Steps to properly creating an installer are accessible across the internet, which can act as your guide in creating one.
- Use the installer and install the macOS on the PC. While installing, the option to choose the drive you want to download the macOS form will appear. Search and select ‘External’ and the macOS will start.
- Select the drive you want to download the macOS on. In case of no options, erase the drive and format it to GUID.
- Follow each step properly as the directions suggest after selecting the drive and the macOS will begin installing.
- Restart the PC once the installation is done. Do not remove the USB. The installer boot menu will appear, select the boot disk of macOS, and it will be booted on your PC.
- After its properly installed, Multibeast is to be launched and settings configured.
- Now you have the macOS installed on your Windows hardware, install and start working on Logic Pro X.
Method 3: Download Logic Pro X for Windows using VMware?
Two core processors, minimum of 4GB of RAM, and enabling of virtualization technology from the PC’s BIOS are the must-have requirements before installing the Logic Pro using VMware.
The steps are as follows:
- Begin with downloading the macOS High Sierra OS file and extract it once it’s downloaded.
- Download VMware from its official website, open it and click on the option ‘Open a New Virtual Machine’.
- Create a new machine and enter the name of that machine. Then select the latest version of macOS which currently is 10.13 High Siera 64bit. Set the RAM size to 4 GB.
- Tick the ‘Use an existing virtual hard disk file’ followed by selecting the folder icon and clicking on the add icon.
- Choose any .vmdk file and extract it. Next, click on choose and then on create.
- Next, click on the power option on the virtual machine and choose the number of processors, 2 processors, and 2 cores per processor.
- Open the cmd and enter these specific commands
cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “Machine Name” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
VBoxManage setextradata “Machine Name” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
Replace the Machine name with ‘Machine Name’
- This will install macOS on the PC. Follow the steps shown on the screen and then select the language, enter Apple ID, and accept the license agreement.
- Go to the App Store and you will need to download Logic Pro X to download the Logic Pro version. Download and start using.
Features of Logic Pro X
The latest version of the Logic Pro app is 10.7.2 and with the update, the number of features that the app presents has grown. Regardless, the app provides a huge number of instruments, samples, and loops leading to perfect music creation. Some other features of the app are covered below.
- Sound and Sampling – The app has a library of more than 5,900 instruments and 1,200 sampled instruments. It presents a staggering amount of almost 13,000 Apple loops in a different genres. The sampler allows quick editing and the creation of instruments. The user can easily import audio files in Quick Sampler to build an instrument.
- Drums, Beats, and Gears – The Drum machine designer helps build custom kits, the Step Sequencer helps program beats and bass lines, and the Drummer allows the creation of authentic drum tracks, acoustic electronic or hip-hop.
- Creative Effects – Vintage, as well as modern delays, EQs, and compressors, are available on the app. You can play the sound using realistic synthesized reverbs or creative acoustic spaces. Varied modulation effects add movement to the tracks.
- Synths and Keyboards – The synths provide additive, wavetable, analog, spectral, granular, modeling, and FM synthesis. Exponential models of keyboards, vintage synths, and classic organs can be played. Alchemy is a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer that helps find sounds or create new ones. The Arpeggiator turns any simple cord into a rich quality performance.
- Professional production – Flex Time easily manipulates the timings and tempo of any recording. The built-in Score editor produces lead sheets and orchestral scores. Smart Tempo imports audio and automatically conforms it to the project BPM. Quick Swipe Comping helps build comps using take folders. Finally, Flex Pitch fixes out-of-tune vocals and changes the melodies in the recorded audio.
- Production tools – The app tools help record edit MIDI or audios, Track Alternatives assists in the creation and switching between varied playlists of regions and edits on a certain track. The logic Remote lets the user perform and mix from anywhere in the room.
- Sharing and Import options – You can export your audio mix in the form of a Dolby Atmos ADM file and it’s compatible with Apple Music. Exporting to SoundCloud is very easy. You can import as well as export XML to support the workflows of Final Cut Pro.
Easily expand the instruments and the effect library with the aid of third-party Audio Unit compatible plug-ins. The Share to GarageBand feature facilitates the remote addition of new tracks to the users’ logic projects.
Best Alternatives to Logic Pro X
In case the downloading process presents itself to be too hectic or you wish to try out a similar new app with almost the same features, the article has the answers. Six alternatives are covered next that are highly popular and boast strong features.
The app provides users an efficient workflow experience and incredible features that make music making much easier. The app has a user-friendly, super clean interface. It presents an online community of Cubase through forums and YouTube. The app is always upgraded regularly, and the users back the app.
The audio-ins feature allows the utilization of filters and effects independently for all your audio tracks. The frequency equalizer helps edit the frequency of the tracks, and the auto-pan function allows the quick play of your audio tracks.
It’s open-source and free software for audio editing available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other operating systems. It allows simultaneous working on various tracks. Effects include high pitch, noise reduction, high pitch distortion, and much more.
Analysis tools like silence search, sound search, and beat search are also available. The app supports many and almost all audio formats like MP3, MP4, WAV, AIFF, OGG Vorbis, AC3, AMR, PCM, and WMA.
The app is the most affordable software for beginners as well as advanced users.
The Reaper app is strikingly like Logic Pro. It’s a beginner’s focused audio recording app available on Windows, Linux, and MAC. The open-source program supports almost any plugin available.
The one-track type supported by the app facilitates the usage of audio, IDI, and Mono audio data, all in one track. Multi-track recording and flexible track type are the trademarks of the app.
The app is extremely popular for Hip-Hop producers and is available on Windows. It provides solid VSTs and optimal control to the users. Artists like Martin and Porter Robinson use it. It supports multitrack recording, time stretching, and pitch shifting.
The mixer has effects such as delay compensation, automation, effect chaining, and much more. The file format supported by the app is Speech, AIFF, XI, WAV, DSDWP, FLAC, MIDI, SF2, MP3, and OGG.
Pro tools are popular amongst professionals for their editing tools and instruments. Audio recording, music mixing, editing, and collaborating with other professionals are the best features that the app offers.
The app requires thorough learning of its structure and working, calling for various courses that are available online to learn the same.
Compiling various tasks while recording, fixing track timings, and matching audio beats live are the cool features that make the app popular.
Ableton Live is, as the name suggests, best for live music. The DAW is extremely popular because one factor and its that the app is easy to use. Ableton has the most tutorials on YouTube, making it super attractive for beginners.
The Ableton online community is one with loads of advanced-level users that can provide help with any difficulty with the app or its usage.
FAQs about Logic Pro X
How much does Logic Pro X cost?
Logic Pro X cost costs $ 199.99.
What is the latest version of Logic Pro X for free?
For the already existing users who have signed up previously, version 10.5 of the Logic Pro X is free to use.
Is Logic Pro Safe to Download?
Yes, the app is safe to download and install. You must download the app from official sources like the application’s official website, Play store, or some other authorized websites.
The Logic Pro X is a popular application with a sharp and efficient feature that helps produce rich music. All such features have been covered in the article.
Detailed methods to download it on Windows, FAQs regarding it, and its alternatives have all been touched upon. The article will assist you with all the Logic Pro-related issues.