An exciting introduction to the security and surveillance field, the Wyze cam app is the next level of security support. The Wyze cam app is a monitoring app that lets you access video recordings for all the cameras installed with up to 1080p HD picture resolution.
The Wyze cam app can now be accessed on your Windows PC as an android-based app. This article will discuss how you can download the app on your PC.
Wyze Cam App for PC Technical Specifications
Below are some essential technical details about the Wyze Cam app for your Windows PC.
|Application name||Wyze Cam app|
|Compatible with||Android version 7.0 and above|
|Developed by||Wyze Labs|
|Android emulators||Bluestacks Player, Nox Player app|
Features of Wyze Cam App
Below are some essential features of the Wyze Cam app that you must consider when choosing a camera recording surveillance application for your Windows PC.
- The Wyze Cam app has an intuitive user interface and is easy-to-use software.
- With a fantastic video quality, this app is known for two-way audio options, 8 times zooming ability, and a sharp night vision feature.
- You can live stream the camera recordings with this app on your device. It lets you record and store video recordings on a cloud storage space.
- The app’s cam has a motion detector option and innovative sound recognition capability.
- You can sort the video recordings in the app by date and look for any footage using the search option.
The best part about this video surveillance app is that it offers two-factor authentication, reducing the chances of anyone else accessing the app without your permission to zero.
Method 1: Download Wyze Cam App for PC using Bluestacks
The first option to download and install the Wyze Cam app on your Windows PC is through the Bluestacks emulator. This software allows you to use the apk file version of the app to install the app onto your PC.
Bluestacks is considered a good emulator option for android apps, providing an excellent experience on Windows PC. Follow the below steps to install the apk file of the app on your Windows PC.
- Download and install the Bluestacks app from the official Bluestacks website.
- Download the Wyze Cam app apk file from any trusted source.
- Right Click on the Wyze Cam app apk file and open it with the Bluestacks apk handler.
- The apk file will install the Wyze Cam app on your PC.
- Click it to start using the Wyze Cam app for Windows.
Once the apk file has been installed, you can use the Wyze Cam app using Bluestacks emulator software.
Method 2: Download Wyze Cam App for PC using Nox
Nox Player is considered a good android emulator for Windows and Mac PC. The Nox Player emulator is a free software for a good android gaming experience on PC.
You can use the Nox Player emulator to download the Wyze Cam app for Windows PC through the below steps:
- Go to the official website of the Nox Player emulator and download the file from there. Once downloaded, install the software onto your PC.
- After the emulator has been installed successfully, the next step is to look for the Wyze Cam app.
- Click on the Nox Player software icon. On its home screen, you will find Google Play Store.
- Go to Google Play Store and search for the Wyze Cam app. Once you find the right app (with the developer’s name Wyze Labs), click on install.
The app will be installed on your PC within the Nox Player software. You can now access the app and use the Wyze Cam app directly on your Windows PC.
Can you download the Wyze Cam App on Windows 11?
Although there is no direct way of downloading the Wyze Cam app on a Windows PC, you can try installing the Amazon Appstore as a platform for android apps on a Windows PC. You can also try using an android emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox Player to download it on your system.
Alternatives of Wyze Cam App
Here are some exciting alternatives for the Wyze Cam app for your Windows PC, along with their crucial features.
The Nest Thermostat app is the first one on the list of alternatives for the Wyze Cam app. Developed by Nest Labs, the Nest Thermostat uses sensors and algorithms, including your phone’s location, to change the settings to turn off the air conditioning in the room and switch on the cameras when you leave the room. The Thermostat app also helps save energy this way.
You can also change the temperature anywhere in the designated area with the app’s help. It also lets you rearrange your schedule. The app is helpful if there is an extreme change in the temperature, allowing you to change the settings immediately.
The next one up is the Ooma Smart Cam app by Butterfleye. An intuitive, wireless intelligent security camera app, Ooma Smart Cam allows you to maintain vigilance over all your prized possessions. The app also allows you to set the preference per your comfort, create customized alerts, and keep close surveillance on the desired space in an HD video format.
Below are some crucial features of the Ooma Smart Cam app by Butterfleye:
- This app’s Activity Based Recording feature helps you save time, energy, and money. You can access highlight videos of everything you need to know without going through an entire day’s footage.
- The app supports combined analytics with processing strength for delivering the desired notifications. You can also avoid any false alarms that generally occur with a simple movement in the room.
- With the option for facial recognition, you can use this app to see all persons moving in and out of the space and create an intelligent alert accordingly. To avoid false alarms, you can customize your alerts to recognize your family, friends, and pets.
Overall, the Ooma Smart Cam app is a unique software that allows you to make choices and customize the features per your requirements.
The last alternative on our list is Logitech offering the Logitech Arx Control app. Best known for offering an extraordinary gaming experience, this app offers you display details within the game and crucial stats on the go.
The Logitech app offers remote access to media settings and visibility of all installed games on your PC. You can also check your computer’s performance using your mobile device.
To help you further, we have devised a list of the most frequently asked questions about the Wyze Cam app for Windows PC.
How do I download the WYZE camera to my computer?
To download the Wyze camera app on your PC, follow the below steps:
1. Firstly, you will need to download the Wyze cam app and rename the file. Now, download the Firmware file from the internet for a Windows or Mac PC.
2. Now generate an RTSP URL. After this, open the Wyze cam app on your android device and select the settings option.
3. Select the Live view option on the Wyze Cam app for Windows and Mac PC.
Can you view WYZE Cam online?
You can easily access the Wyze cam online using the Wyze Web View site. This site lets you live stream and do Event Playbacks using a web browser. You need not download anything on your PC and see it from a Windows, Mac, or Smart TV.
What app do you use for the Wyze camera?
You can use the Wyze camera on your PC with the help of android emulators such as Bluestacks, Nox Player, MEmu Play, etc.
Can you use WYZE Cam without an app?
Yes, you can use the Wyze cam without installing the app. You can do this by accessing the Wyze Web View directly. However, you will require a Cam Plus or Cam Plus Pro license to view the camera you wish to access.
Is the WYZE Cam V3 app free?
The Wyze cam V3 app is free for the first month. After that, you must pay a subscription fee of $1.99/month.
The Wyze Cam app is an excellent way to check the security around your work or home surroundings. The app lets you watch all areas through a single screen.
With its fantastic video quality, you can safely consider this app to install on your Windows PC using one of the android emulators mentioned in the methods above. So, continue using the app for the best surveillance options and ensure a safe space for you and your loved ones.