You can use FaceTime for PC Windows. As this app have an unique and simple user interface it’s rated as one of the top video chat app and you can use FaceTime video calls with your friends without a Mac. Here, we will show you two of the safest methods to download and install FaceTime on Windows 11 | 10 | 7.
|Year of Launch||2016||Supported OS||Android | MacOS | iOS|
|Category||Video Call||Language(s)||English | Spanish | Hindi and 30 more.|
|Store(s)||Google Play Store (Fork) | Mac App Store | App Store||Rating|
Install FaceTime for PC Windows using BlueStacks or NoxPlayer
BlueStacks and NoxPlayer are famous Android emulators that work well with Windows and MacOS. With them, you can download and install Android and iOS applications on your computer and also use external hardware like your mouse and keyboard.
You have to be advised that this method may not run correctly all the time depending of your system configuration.
To proceed, follow the steps below to download and install FaceTime on your Windows with an emulator:
- First, you have to download BlueStacks or NoxPlayer from their official website and install the one of your choice.
- An installation wizard will lead you through the procedure.
- Double-click on the emulator’s icon on your desktop to launch the program.
- Initialization will takes a while, just wait a few minutes.
- When the emulator is ready, search for FaceTime in the search bar.
- Click Download FaceTime to download it on your computer.
- Drag and drop the downloaded file in your emulator home screen to begin to install the app.
- Once the installation is finished, the FaceTime icon will appear on your emulator’s home screen.
- You can now launch it and use it on your Windows.
Install FaceTime for PC Windows using iPadian
If the method with an Android emulator doesn’t work or you prefer a stable iOS emulator, iPadian is an iOS and iPad emulator for Windows. You can use iPadian to install FaceTime on your computer.
Note that iPadian isn’t a free software, you can buy it on the official website for $25.
Once you got iPadian, here are the steps to follow to install FaceTime for PC Windows:
- First of all, download iPadian software on Windows.
- Then, install the iPadian Emulator.
- Once installed, open it and go to App Store.
- Type FaceTime in the search bar and press “Enter” button.
- Once it appears, start downloading it.
- After it has been downloaded and installed, you can start using FaceTime for Windows using iPadian.
How to start a call with someone on Windows?
If you want to start a FaceTime call with someone who use Windows, you can do so by following the steps below:
- On your FaceTime app, create an invite link. If you are not sure how to do it, we have mentioned the steps below.
- Send the invite link to your friends through WhatsApp or any other platform which they can open the link on their Windows.
- Ask your friends to click on the link and enter their names on the screen.
- They will have to grant permission for access to use their microphone and camera.
- Soon after they have to click Join and they will be directed to the FaceTime call.
- You will be notified of their presence on the call and asked if they can join, as you are the host.
- Once you let them in, your FaceTime call has begun.
- To leave the call, simply click Leave.
Features of FaceTime for PC
The FaceTime UI gives you a tiny display of how you look to the opposite party. This feature allows you to make sure you look professional and decent for your call. This feature automatically begins when you start a FaceTime call with someone.
High Quality Video
You may use their high-quality resolutions for video chats, thanks to the thoughtful design of this program. The good news is that FaceTime now works in 1080p on computers. Widescreen 16:9 aspects are also available on FaceTime. When you wish to get in touch with other users, this offers a fantastic calling experience.
FaceTime offers a screen sharing feature where you can share your device’s screen with the other people on the call. To activate screen sharing, you have to start a FaceTime call first then, you have to tap or click the share content button on the screen and tap/click Share My Screen.
FaceTime get a user-friendly UI, which gives it an additional competitive advantage. It’s straightforward, smooth and uncomplicated. Anyone can use and understand it with ease. Most of users like Apple’s FaceTime software for this reason.
Excellent audio quality
Even though FaceTime is an application that is made for video calling, their FaceTime audio call is also excellent. No matter how far away you are, the sound quality is likewise quite good.
How to Create a FaceTime invite link on iPhone and iPad
If you want to have a FaceTime call with someone who doesn’t have access to it or doesn’t use an iOS system, you can do so by sending them an invite link.
Below you will find the steps to create an invite link for FaceTime:
- Open your FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad.
- On your top right corner, you will be presented with an option to Create a Link, right next to the New FaceTime option.
- Click on Create a Link.
- You will now be provided with various platforms on which you can share the link with the other peoples.
- Click on the preferred platform and send it to begin the call with them.
Customize FaceTime controls on Windows
FaceTime provides Windows users with web-based access to a few fundamental controls for a better conversation experience. Below you will find a demonstration of these controls and how you can use them to customize your FaceTime calls.
Video ON and OFF
During a FaceTime call, a small icon of a camera is shown on your screen. Clicking it will turn on and off your camera. This will allow you to switch off your camera when you’re not camera ready.
This feature will allow you some privacy when you don’t want the person on the call to hear your conversation with someone else. An icon of a microphone will be visible on your PC screen during a FaceTime call. Clicking on it will allow you to mute or unmute your audio as per your comfort.
An icon with two arrows facing against each other is the full-screen icon. Clicking on it would allow your FaceTime call to be maximized throughout your screen.
To make every participant in a FaceTime call appear in a grid layout, click on the three dots icon in the control center. The grid view may be enabled or disabled by clicking the Grid Layout button and to resume the Facetime call, click Done.
The final and most interesting way to customize your FaceTime call is to share your screen with the other participants. You can do this by clicking the icon the share screen icon visible on the screen.
Alternatives to FaceTime for PC Windows
Skype has served as the standard messaging and calling program for many years and it’s also rather simple to use. You can communicate with anybody and conduct intercontinental audio and video conferences with them because there are no limitations based on geographic location. Skype calls may last up to 24 hours, making them a very trustworthy option for continuous meetings of any kind.
IMO is a private instant messaging and audio/video calling service. It enables the transmission of free stickers and music, video, PDF and other materials. It even allow 20 persons to group in an audio and video chats.
As a platform for communication, Google Hangouts offers audio, video, VoIP and messaging features. This system have an interface with the others Google online software like Gmail and is a component of Google’s G Suite offering. G Suite plans cost $5.00 to $25 per person per month, depending on the subscription. Callers may make phone calls via WiFi or data, initiate a chat or video call, send text messages to a Google Voice and start a chat or video call using Hangout. All of your devices immediately synchronize with Hangouts. This allows you to continue a conversation on another device after being initiated on a computer.
WeChat is a Chinese chat, social networking and mobile payment software. WeChat offers location sharing, messaging services, hold-to-talk voice chat, broadcast messaging, video calls, video gaming and location-based services.
Frequently asked questions about FaceTime
Why use FaceTime for PC?
To sum it up, FaceTime is a great video conferencing platform that can now be enjoyed by Windows users as well.
Is FaceTime for PC available for Windows?
Apple created the exclusive videophone service called FaceTime. So FaceTime is officially only available on MacOS 10.6.6 and later. It’s also compatible with iPhones running iOS 4 and later but it’s not officially available for Windows.
Is it legal to download FaceTime for PC?
FaceTime is an exclusive Apple software that can only be used on devices that run on iOS or MacOS. So you can’t legally download FaceTime onto your Windows.
Is there a FaceTime for PC Windows 10?
No, there isn’t a FaceTime app that can be officially downloaded for a Windows 10 | 11.
Is FaceTime for PC better than Skype?
Video freezing and occasional audio latency are more common with Skype. Particularly when contrasted to FaceTime, which always works flawlessly, Skype get a disadvantage.
Is it safe to download?
Both the methods mentioned above are the safest methods to download FaceTime onto your Windows 11 | 10 | 8 | 7.