Numbers is a popular collaboration-focused spreadsheet management app devised by Apple. As the app was created for Apple users, there isn’t an official version available for Windows PC users. On a Windows it can be installed via emulators. The steps to download and to install Numbers on a Windows PC are covered in this post.
Why would you want to use the Numbers program for Windows?
Apple products are, by default, high-end and expensive. The Number app is one of the limited free apps provided by the company. Similarly, Apple’s hardware, including its Mac, costs way more than a Windows device. Thus, using Numbers on a Windows PC allows you to access and work with the app’s amazing features on a financially accommodation option.
Minimum PC Requirements
To run the Numbers program on a Windows PC, you’ll need to have at least the following specs:
- 3 GHz processor
- 8 GB of RAM
- 10 GB of free storage space.
- Intel i3 Gen. 8 or AMD Ryzen 5 with integrated GPU.
With those minimums in place, you should be able to open and use Numbers without any issues.
Method 1: Download Numbers App for Windows using BlueStacks
- STEP 1: Download and install Bluestacks on your Windows PC.
- STEP 2: Open Bluestacks and search for “Numbers” in the Google Play Store.
- STEP 3: Install Numbers on your computer and open it.
- STEP 4: Enter your iCloud login credentials to sign in to Numbers.
- STEP 5: Your spreadsheets will be automatically synced with iCloud.
Method 2: Download Numbers App for Windows using NoxPlayer
- STEP 1: Download and install NoxPlayer on your computer using the official website.
- STEP 2: Open NoxPlayer and search for Numbers in the Google Play Store.
- STEP 3: Install Numbers program and open it.
- STEP 4: A dialog box will appear asking you to enter your Apple ID.
- STEP 5: Enter your Apple ID and password and click on “Sign In”.
- STEP 6: If you don’t have an Apple ID, click on “Create New Apple ID” and follow the instructions.
- STEP 7: After signing in, you will be asked to allow Numbers to access your contacts, photos and calendars. Click on “Allow” to continue.
- STEP 8: The Numbers main window will open.
- STEP 9: Now, you can use it on your Windows PC.
Features of the Numbers app for Windows PC
Apple-developed applications stand out owing to their distinct and lucrative features. The number pertains to the same category of applications with features that are highly sought. Knowing every possible application feature is necessary to have the best experience is necessary.
Features of the Number app:
• iCloud access and Sharing – Login into iCloud.com to access and modify your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, as well as from a Mac or PC web browser.
As you make changes to your spreadsheet, Numbers automatically save it. Export your spreadsheet to Microsoft Excel, PDF and CSV. To send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby, you can use Airdrop. Send a link to your workspace quickly and effortlessly through Mail or Messages.
• Collaboration tools – Using real-time collaboration, your team may collaborate on a spreadsheet simultaneously on Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices and on a PC.
Monitor who is currently in the spreadsheet with you, share your spreadsheet publicly or privately and view other users’ cursors to follow their updates. Spreadsheets kept in Box or iCloud can also be edited easily.
• Spreadsheet features – Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas Easily add and resize varied tables on a single sheet. Insert pictures, music and video from any media Browser or saved media.
Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 customizable shapes. Importing and editing spreadsheets created in Microsoft Excel, CSV files and tab-delimited text is easier than ever before.
• Formulas and Functions – The application suggests functions as soon as you begin inputting a calculation and choice of over 250 potent functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx. Using the integrated function browser, you can look up built-in help and example formulas.
With the new smart cell view, you can easily add stock information to spreadsheets and get instant formula results, error checking, accurate values and cell format. For quick results, include your preferred functions under Quick Calculations.
• Other important features – To view your data completely newly, use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories. Organize and summaries tables quickly to uncover fresh information. You can add stunning 2D and 3D charts, such as radar, bar, column, line and area charts.
Large tables can be easily filtered using the app for certain values, text, or duplicate items. Interactive bubble, column, bar and scatter charts can be used for data animation.
Cells can be highlighted automatically depending on the rules for numbers, text, dates and duration. Simply use sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups and star ratings to modify cell values.
Best Alternatives for Numbers App
The Numbers app is one of its kind, but you may want to try out other apps with a similar feature set or the downloading process for Windows PC is not you’re calling. The alternatives mentioned below are some of the most popular ones in the category.
Mainly preferred by small businesses as a place for bookkeeping and accounting, the application comes in an affordable price range. The online version of the QuickBooks software helps connect to bookkeepers and accountants in real-time.
The feature that sets it apart and above others in its category is the time-saving feature. This reduces the burden of the tedious process of manual data entry by automating various basic accounting tasks. The pricing is service tiered for various levels of features required. Total seven tier plans are available to the user.
The electronic invoicing feature allows sending invoices through email to the concerned client. These invoices can also be tracked and the payment and e-signatures can be accepted online.
Microsoft Office Excel
The spreadsheets app by Microsoft has the basic editing, viewing and sharing features for excel files. Features like the ability to edit various email attachments in the form of workbooks, tables and spreadsheets make the app stand out.
You can access it across smartphones, tablets and Windows and Mac devices. Reviewing spreadsheets, making spreadsheets of your choice and doing data analysis is made super easy with the app.
The app lets you create and organize charts, edit templates and customize tabs. You can share all these files using emails with the formatting intact.
The shared files can be viewed and edited according to the owner’s permission. Any aspect of the workbooks can be commented on. All you need to access these features is a Microsoft Office subscription that provides various other industrial apps.
The expense management app provides the facility of expense tracking and planning budgets. The application combines all user accounts in one place and reminds them of all the scheduled transactions.
Transfers that require currency conversion can also be easily done with the app. Budget reports per week, month and year with various filters and a credit calculator in the app. The app supports Microsoft’s SkyDrive and iCloud storage.
A web spreadsheet that provides open sourcing. The applications allow collaborations on the worksheets without any logins or editing locks. The changes are automatically saved and displayed on the co-editor’s screen in real-time.
You can create forms, ask questions, or comment using the comments tab and easily share your calc in CSV or XLSX format. The application is supported on Linux, Windows, macOS and FreeBSD.
Google sheets is one of the apps providing automatic saving features and with the offline version, you can access the files and make changes anytime. It lets you create new spreadsheets as well as edit the shared ones.
Shared Google sheets provide a proper workspace environment that comes in handy in working from home. You can even set a four-digit passcode on the important files that you want to be protected.
Formatting any cells, sorting data, inserting formulas and all other basic features related to a workbook is swift. Microsoft Excel files can be easily opened, edited and shared with the Google Sheets app.
An application best for handling less complicated problems but with almost all Number features. The open source allows the making of extensions to the app as per the user’s choice. It supports and can open excel, Lotus 1-2-3 and OpenOffice, among others.
One distinct feature of the application is the fact that its menu and dialogue box are displayed under the main interface. This makes previous Excel users have to adopt this for some time.
FAQs about Numbers App
Can I use Numbers for Free?
Yes, the app is available for free across all Apple devices and PC, you can download it using emulators as described in the article above.
Can I use the Numbers app on a PC?
You can simply download the app on a Mac using the Apple Play Store. On Windows PC, you can access it through iCloud or using the emulators to download the app.
Is Numbers better than Excel?
Numbers is an Apple devised application and Microsoft developed Excel. Excel also is older than Numbers. The features of both the applications are mostly similar. It comes to the discretion and personal choices of the individual.
Can Microsoft open Numbers?
It is possible to open the Numbers file on Microsoft Excel after converting the file format. This can be done through the Numbers application export feature on conversion sites or applications.
Numbers, the app’s name itself specifies the function this Apple developed application specializes in. The article covers all the features that support the app as popular spreadsheet software.
The article also explains in detail the steps to be followed for successful app download on any Windows PC using emulators owing to the absence of an official version for it. Several frequently asked questions have been covered to answer possible questions.
Finally, alternatives have been mentioned with basic features in case of the need for another efficient app with similar features.