TikTok is a short video sharing social network that has become very popular with young audiences. It was launched in China and its official client is available for Android and iOS. The company that owns this app and service is ByteDance. Although in the West it’s known as TikTok, its name in its home country is Douyin. Here, we will show you how to download and install TikTok for PC on Windows and MacOS.
» Download & Install
» behind the Success
» How to Make Videos
» How to Make Money
» Top 10 Challenges
|Developer||TIKTOK PTE. LTD.|
|Year of Launch||2018|
|File Size||422 MB|
|Supported OS||Android / iOS|
|In-App Purchases||100 coins $0.99
199 coins $2.99
330 coins $4.99
400 coins $5.99
1120 coins $16.99
1321 coins $19.99
3303 coins $49.99
|Language(s)||English and 30 more|
|Store(s)||Google Play Store / App Store / Microsoft Store / Amazon App Store|
Download and install TikTok on Windows 11 / 10 using BlueStacks or MEmu Play emulator
BlueStacks and MEmu Play are famous Android emulators that work well with Windows and MacOS. With them, you can download and install Android and iOS applications on your computer and also use external hardware like your mouse and keyboard.
Here are the steps to download and install TikTok on your computer using BlueStacks or MEmu Play emulator:
- Head over to www.bluestacks.com or www.memuplay.com and install the emulator of your choice.
- Launch the emulator and open Google Play Store.
- Log in to your Google Play Store account and search for the app TikTok.
- Select the app when TikTok icon appears in the search results and click on the Install button.
- When the installation is complete, the TikTok icon will appear on your emulator’s home screen.
- Click on the icon to launch the application on your computer.
Behind the success
Douyin was launched in China in September 2016. A year later, the company decided to give it the name TikTok, which we know today, to expand into other markets. On November 9, 2017, its parent company, ByteDance, purchased Musical.ly for $1 billion, a short-form video platform focused on the teen market. The effects of this purchase were clearly visible in less than a year, when the two applications merged. It was in 2018 that the first celebrities began to arrive on the network. This only increased his popularity.
Many video functionalities
If we had to simplify the functions of TikTok to two main pillars, it would be video editing and socializing. The editing functions are more and more complete. The app has a built-in camera that allows you to change the video speed, record different segments separately, add filters, and set a timer, among other things. Moreover, the application offers a complete post-editing section, with the possibility of adding text, music and other elements. All without using third-party apps.
A new social approach
In its socialization part, TikTok stands out mainly for its fast and dynamic functioning which, in turn, makes it very addictive. Each video is usually between 15 and 60 seconds maximum and can be skipped by swiping the screen upwards. The objective is to offer the user small capsules for fast entertainment and a strong visual impact.
Of course, each user has a personal profile and can comment on videos, give a “Like”, upload new content and follow others. TikTok is a breath of fresh air among more traditional social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. Thanks to its very young user base, this social network is full of creativity and dynamism.
How to make a video with TikTok
Although a large number of users only use TikTok on Wndows as viewers of funny content, the fundamental pillar of this social network lies in the creation of content. That’s why it offers an extremely complete built-in camera. In this article, we will not only tell you how to save a video on TikTok for PC but also all the features that will help you become a design master.
- To get started, click on the middle button in the bottom menu.
- You are now in the video creation section of the application. You can use the circular red button to start capturing and record short fragments that will be stitched one after the other simply by pressing and releasing this button.
- This is, how to record a video on TikTok but in an effort to make the content more attractive, the social network offers the user a large number of editing options. You can see them on the right side of the screen.
- Among the most outstanding features you will find the one to change the recording speed.
- Filters and Beauty options apply filters to your recording: If you click on the former, you will access to a collection of filters to change brightness, contrast and other settings. In the second case, you apply a beautify filter that automatically improves the appearance.
- Timer is nothing more than a timer to automate the start of capturing.
- Flip and Flash are some of the most common settings. In the first case you alternate between the front and rear cameras of your device and in the second you activate the flash. What else should you know about saving videos in TikTok? For example, the timeline. This shows all the fragments you have captured.
- The Sounds part is also very important. This is where TikTok lets you add a song to your video and perform, for example, choreography.
- And finally, Effects. This section open up a world of possibilities. With special effects, you can apply a background to your video or start fun mini-games.
Apply effects to a video
When you are done saving content, use the confirmation button at the bottom right to continue. If you want to delete a fragment, use the adjacent button and what about post-production?
After registration is complete, you still have many options such as on the side are volume settings, adding a voiceover, voice effects, video trimming or even more filters and you can also add text, other effects, and even stickers using the four buttons at the bottom. After this approach, it’s clear that TikTok is one of the most complete applications for recording videos. Thanks to all these options, you can give free rein to all your creativity and offer original and attractive content.
How to make money with TikTok
TikTok users can make money relatively easily. What do you need to start generating income with your account? Here we explain what you need to consider to start generating profits with your content.
Create an active community
First of all, it’s essential to create a community. This doesn’t mean getting a huge following but rather getting your followers to interact and react to the videos you upload. Obviously, the higher the number of subscribers, the greater the potential earnings but the most important thing is to do everything so that your subscribers constitute an active community.
Create quality content
Then you have to create quality content. This can of course concern any subject but it’s important to be quality. In addition, you must learn to investigate trends, adapt to them and if possible, bring something new.
Once you have achieved these two main goals, you must enroll in the Diamond Program. Once done, your followers and all other users who view your content can give you freebies. These gifts are in the form of a diamond which, once received, can be exchanged for real money. Gift transactions are public and can be viewed by anyone. Gifts can only be given during a live broadcast.
Also, if your TikTok account is popular, many companies will probably contact you to add sponsored content to your videos. This is a much more profitable way to generate income on the Asian social network but it will take a lot of effort and dedication to become an influential account.
What are the best challenges on TikTok
You are going to find out which are the best challenges that have become very popular lately on this social network. You can join them and show the world how you overcome them. TikTok challenges are actions that involve a certain number of difficulties and that a large number of users take up to demonstrate their skills.
Most challenges include choreography, a series of movements that require a lot of coordination, or specific physical exercises. It can’t be said that they are especially static. This means that for a while a type of challenge may become popular and then fade away.
This is a challenge that begins with an abdominal plank and then a series of coordinated movements with another person in time to the music.
This challenge is actually a fun joke. It consists of marking the forehead of another person with lipstick or another type of material, respecting the model of the famous scene of the Lion King.
10 touch challenge
His difficulty is to juggle 10 with his foot and a roll of toilet paper as if it were a ball. Many famous footballers have participated in this challenge.
A couple with their eyes closed, a series of compromising declarations and the obligation to specify to whom they are addressed. What can go wrong? One of the celebrities who took part was Jennifer López and her husband, Álex Rodríguez.
Can you recreate some of the most famous emojis just using your face? Put your mental agility to the test with this famous challenge.
Try not to sing
You won’t believe it but it’s very hard not to sing along to a familiar song. This challenge features a series of popular songs that you must avoid singing.
Choose your charter
If you are passionate about video games, you will love this one. Recreate the classic character selector by inventing your own.
If you think you can climb the steps of a staircase to the beat of a catchy song, take this challenge. By the way, the music used is the same as in the Plank Challenge.